Thursday 13 June 2013

Making a bit of bling

What I find most frustrating about accessories is that often you can't find exactly what you want when you need it. take, for example, a 50s themed party I was planning to attend. I wanted pink poodle earrings. Did they exist? No.


Obviously, this is me partying the night away, in full selfie mode (before selfies became a thing). You can't see the earrings for all the hair. However...


...this is what they looked like. I just ordered some charms off eBay and made my own. I already knew how to make earrings, but it has been a while, so making them again was truly a lot of fun. Then I found other charms and kept making things I would actually wear all the time.

Mix tape fashion has been big for awhile now. I love these earrings though and wear them a lot. Firstly, I grew up on a healthy dose of mix-tapes myself (I used my Walkman until 2004, seriously). I love wearing things which remind me of my own childhood. And secondly, to everyone from a little bit far away, they just look like rectangles. With holes.






No comments:

Post a Comment